AD SENSE

quinta-feira, 11 de fevereiro de 2021

Big data, connectivity, and running over old people



Big data, connectivity, and running over old people

Pacard is a writer, designer, and almost too old **

I was almost always an innovator. When I was told to learn wood carving in a company, I was rebellious, and said that I wanted to be a "Furniture Designer-Designer". And I went. Then, when they called me "Designer-Designer", I said that it wasn't like that anymore, I was already "Designer". Ah, how they laughed at me. But they got tired. Around 1986, I met some guys, who proposed that we set up an AUTOCAD bureau. Barbarity! it was too much, all I wanted, to master the technology. Autocad, the program used to design FIAT cars.

The bureau did not come out, but I bought a computer, CP-400 from Prológica. It was useless, but I had a computer. This gave prestige. In the 90s, a friend lent me a PC, 286, with a color monitor: COLORED monitor! A pen that printed in black and white. But it was worth it. And it was evolving. Today, here at home there should be about 5 computers, plus cell phones, which are more efficient than all the PCs together that I have had until the year 2000 (two Macintoshes do not count). The world has evolved, and I have kept pace. So I thought.

My two youngest children are from the technology field. This ended our dialogue, because they engaged the fifth, while I was still looking for the clutch pedal, when I discovered that a decent car no longer has a clutch. I'm glad I don't have a decent car. I like to shift gears. It's safer when I know who's in control.

My daughter is almost a doctor, with a doctorate, so our dialogue is just "good morning, how are the kids doing?" I am terrified of saying anything that is not of a technological nature or of the high academic clergy. Not even. So humanity walks, from keyboard to keyboard until it reaches the quantum synapse, which scans the mind and shows it on the screen before we think. That scares you know. Especially when the person was over sixty years old. I was over sixty years old. But I'm not the son of a scared father, so I have no idea how I got so scared.

Not that I'm afraid. I am not, but it scares me the gigantism of things. Big Data, for example. My salts, how am I going to live with something that already begins with a name of your size? How am I going to live with something that shows the keyboard the place where my fingers should squeeze? How can I have respect for something that my fingers tap on a letter, and on the screen a photograph of me from when I was little appears? Mercy! I was a little boy, and did it become so trivial? In the past we used to see childhood portraits, accompanied by a tear from the aunts, and a table full of goodies. But and now? What is made of goodies, if not those that fill our mornings on the social media timeline? Those wonderful puddings and baked goods, made by an aunt, from India, who cuts an onion in the palm of the hand, with a scythe, and does not remove a piece of the finger? How to compete with that? So, is it not to make people afraid?

Big Data came to run over the old and age the young, without passing through life. The new old ones are like fruits we picked greens, and were forcibly ripened, which has color and size, but the flavor didn't even come close. Connectivity doesn't connect, but it harnesses, ties, and squeezes tight. It is good for those who have strength in their knees, but old people don't have more knees. They were exchanged for poultices that smell like camphor in Emplastro Salompas. Connectivity embraced | Big Data and killed us to eat the liver. With Bits and Bytes grilled in the overheated processor. Thankfully, we're not going to live long to see what comes next. I hope it is brief, to hurt a little and not lock the screen.

By the way, since you've read this far, how about reading one more of my books? Just click on the image below, and happiness will be at your fingertips.



Nenhum comentário:

Bella Ciao e Modelo Econômico de Crescimento - Táticas e Estratégias que modelam o Pensamento Político

Imagem: Bing IA Pacard - Designer, Escritor, e Artista, que tem nojinho de políticos vaidosos* "E sucedeu que, estando Josué perto de J...