AD SENSE

quarta-feira, 1 de março de 2023

THE MENTAL SHRINKLE - THINKING ABOUT NATURAL INTELLIGENCE (WILE THERE IS SOME)


Image embarrassingly generated by AI, despite the author being a Designer in the old fashioned way*

by Pacard, brazilian designer, writer, and anything you're in the mood to do to beat the boredom*

I would be a hypocrite if I said that I am not stunned, ecstatic, howling at the possibilities of almost ready answers generated by Artificial Intelligence (it is so real, that it already has a personality and is written in capital letters (that big letter that begins a sentence after one point - it's always good to remember certain functions before they are extinguished completely), AI. I really like it, and I've already started using it, at first for fun, and a little too, I've been using DALLE-e (image generator AI randomly surreal) to compose landscapes, which I use in my drawings, given that the use of photographs, no matter how beautiful they are, are protected by Copyright, which is fair, even because, perhaps many do not know, but also my drawings and illustrations, even shared by me on social networks, are also protected by the same laws, and thus, for background landscapes (I was going to say "background", but I leave the jargon for more technical conversations in among colleagues), getting the effect I want, most of the time.

But I didn't come here to speak ill of AI, but to establish a parallel between the facilities of technologies since the first advances in knowledge (you see, I could call it "Science", to sound erudite), and amazingly, if you think that I'm going to put bricks in creative knowledge, whether artistic or technological, to defend some religious point of view, as such. Big mistake! I came exactly to make an apology for the use of intelligence as a tool of creativity, the main reason for human existence, according to the biblical account, where the Human Being, created in the image and likeness of G‑d, is par excellence, a co-creator, and as such, yes, he has the need, opportunity, right, and obligation to be creative.

So it is. It is now that I found the first gap in the path, because the purpose of knowledge is to promote the ease and comfort of civilization (domestic animals are included, if not ask the cat, the animal most dependent on technology that can exist, because it is enough to perceive a source of heat, be it human, animal, domestic appliance, or solar, and there is the flea stretched out or curled up, whatever, spending all the calories it can spend, and after that, after tasty and comforting licks, snub its owner (it's not "tutor", see? I'm old and I can speak the way people spoke when I was young). So, yes, technology came to produce more technology, comfort, and other facilities that the modern world imposes. Even artifacts to kill, to decimate, to exterminate, after all, the super voluminous population of the Earth needs to be dosed, according to the twisted thinking of some and others, isn't it like that?


But I'll leave the artifacts of pain aside, and deal with comfort. Of ease. From the agility of action. And I'm going to skip the hoe to the harvester part, and I'm going to the hottest technology: Artificial Intelligence (I think I covered that already, I think). That GPT Chat is formatting a new generation of micro-brains, atrophied by lack of use (I explain: Brain is what my readers use when they cross the fourth line barrier, without skipping paragraphs, to know what I meant, there at the end, and because they don't understand anything, they are forced to take a deep breath and go back to the beginning and read calmly, line by line, to follow my textual reasoning (some can. I, not always). And I'll confess: I do that out of sheer sadism, a technique I use in my virtual academy to strengthen the mind of those who manage to reach the end and still decide to see if I wasn't incoherent here and there, and in this back-and-forth of boring reading (I have to admit ), exercises the critical part of the gray matter parked between one and the other ear, thus keeping the mind pulsating, unloading synapses, and forcing the heart to accelerate in pumping blood, and of course, blood that comes out of the heart, feeds and oxygenates the brain, but before that, it's already filled the bunch with trillions of other cells, forcing them to realize they're still alive.

AI is coming to atrophy what is left of minds, once brilliant, today just pulsating, who wait for fingers to strum keyboards (in the case of cell phones, only two thumbs are enough) and who type two or three words, and receive a speech as erudite as erudite were the speeches of Cicero, Anaximander, and Quintvs Hortensivs, his rival in erudition and rhetoric.


AI is arriving to teach your children to speed up their schoolwork, and if educators don't wake up, very soon, robots will deliver the handwritten assignments on Almaço paper that they may have requested, imagining that with this they would oblige the students to rediscover what fingers are for.


Ille Vert Thematic Maps & Design - +55 48 999 61 1546 (whatsapp only)


Nenhum comentário:

Bella Ciao e Modelo Econômico de Crescimento - Táticas e Estratégias que modelam o Pensamento Político

Imagem: Bing IA Pacard - Designer, Escritor, e Artista, que tem nojinho de políticos vaidosos* "E sucedeu que, estando Josué perto de J...